specialized fitness classes
The JCC Health Club is committed to providing "Fitness for EveryBODY' — people of all ages and physical abilities–in a friendly and approachable environment. From indoor cycling to Pilates, Nia to aerial yoga, M.E.L.T.® to boxercise, the JCC Health Club offers unparalleled classes for adults of all ages. The JCC Health Club offers both Registered Programs and Drop–In Classes. Unlike any other club in the city, Registered Programs — led by innovators in the fitness and wellness industry — are available to both members and nonmembers for a fee, with a discounted rate for members. Drop–In Classes are FREE for members, and are available to nonmembers with the purchase of a class pass.
To get started, click the REGISTER FOR PROGRAMS button in the upper right, or click the group name below to go to that specific set of classes.
- Adult Swim: includes Jackrabbit Swim, Arthritis Water Exercise, Adult Intermediate/Advanced, Adult Beginner, Teens/Young Adults Special Needs, Prenatal Water Class, Adult Advanced Swin Clinic
- Boxing and Martial Arts includes Samurai Sword for Adults + Teens, Kata Forms Traning, Self Defense: Aiki-Jujutsu, Toide + Judo, Karate + Kempo
- Cancer Fitness includes Cencer Support Massage, Healing Yoga for Women with Cancer, Moving for Life, Renewal: Water Exercise for Women with Cancer, Yoga for Men who are Cancer Survivors
- Cardio includes Jackrabbit, Jackrabbit Triathlon Training
- Certifications (i.e. CPR)
- Drop-in Classes
- Mind + Body includes Pilates for Buff Bones, An Introduction to the Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais Method, MELT for Pilates, Yoga for Osteoporosis, MELT Mini Self-Treatments, MELT on Yoga, MELT for Feet + Legs, New Restorative Nia + Yoga
- Parkinson's Wellness includes Nia: Movement + Music + Magic, Chair Exercise + Balancing, Ypga + MELT: Flexibility + Relaxation, Alexander Technique, Water Exercise, NYU/JCC Care Partner, Support Group, NYU/JCC Support Group, PD Moves: Rhythm + Movement Patterns, PD Bootcamp for Young Onet Parkinson's Athletes, Bold Moves PD Walking Group
- Prenatal + Postnatal Fitness includes Mother + Baby Yoga, Yoga for Pregnancy + Childbirth, Mother + Baby Pilates, Prenatal Water Class,
- Private Fitness
- Senior Fitness includes Fall Stop... Move Strong, Gentle Yoga, Circuit Training, Zumba Gold, Exercise With Ease, Tai Chi, Balance + Bones, Joint Movement
- Strength + Conditioning
- Teen + Tween fitness
- Triathlon Training
- Yoga includes Healing Yoga for Women with Cancer, Yoga for Osteoporosis, and New Restorative Nia and Yoga
The JCC is also the only health club on the Upper West Side to offer free fitness classes to both members and nonmembers.
For more information, call 646.505.5716.